• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Picture Fun Quest!

I think I know where it is, but as I had my turn recently, I just sit back for a while ;-) Happy questing, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I go for Villatuerta--is it Casa Magica?
(A wild guess as I've never been inside--and if it IS, I'm happy to cede the answer to @jdpiguet, as I'm signing off now...)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
OK, I give up :)
The ships are giving a hint: it's close to the sea.
And the albergue has already been mentioned/discussed on the forum.
It is in the middle of the town.
More in one hour if nobody is coming closer :D

Sorry to be late, boss was insisting on getting me working:mad:
Did I not have more important things to do ? :p
So, yes, it is in Muxía , at the Bella-Muxía albergue .
Who likes to post the next picture ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I mean, what is that, like ten people!?!?!?!

Plus 13. On the larger original I counted 23 but with difficulty.
Am I going to have to give a hint?
not for me...if it's a part I walked, I won't recognize it without snow, and with so many people in the picture...::shudder::
going back to the people-less pictures on the Primitivo Quest ;)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Between Hospital de Orbigo and Astorga, in the wooded area before David's snack stand?
oh, excellent guess...of course my misanthropic picture is a bit different:), but I'll bet you are correct...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Past Atapuerca? Wild guess that I think is probably wrong. It's steep, but I don't remember it being that wooded...ditto places in the meseta.
Other places are wooded but not that steep...my memory of Alto de Perdon is that it's way rockier.
(Taking into account the vegetation, I don't think it's in the Pyrenees or Galicia)

On the way to San Juan de Ortega?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My picture taken in 2011 of the same spot - must be on the way to San Juan de Ortega.:)

Attachments

• DSC00885.jpg
    DSC00885.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Where is this?

Attachments

• DSC01493.JPG
    DSC01493.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 15
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well done SY and Viranani! Go ahead any of you two.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I had to find that one with a search. One of these skulls is an avatar for a forum member and a search on the forum didn't bring him up but a did come across a post mentioning skull and Navarette. While Navarette was wrong I found a blog mentioning Navarette and the picture and text I posted.

Anyway, not terribly difficult for some here who have great memories but name this place.
where.jpg

A hint before I turn off my computer for the night. It's on the Camino--this was a pic taken out of the Albergue window.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think it looks like this one just before Puente de Reina...it was the first one I saw on the camino...I have no idea where @Rick of Rick and Peg's picture is ...
but since it looks like a drawing of a pilgrim I"m going to say Astorga

Attachments

• camino 683.JPG
    camino 683.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
It looks like you were right with Puente de Reina @Smallest_Sparrow. That neighbors Obanos. Text I've read said it was in Obanos but it seems to be just outside Obanos and inside Puente de Reina.
http://mapio.net/pic/p-15506915/
Move your cursor over pictures to see the location.
well, I guess we will have to wait to see which it is in @Viranani's notes...in my pictures it is after the pilgrim statue but before my pictures of the churches in puente de Reina...I'm fine with losing to you...sort ofo_O...I don't have many Frances cards to play in this game anyway...

Smallest Sparrow has it--go!
(I have been elsewhere...sorry...and way over in Asia, so out of sync with everyone else's time zone!
It's the view right out the back window of the Albergue in PlR...

Smallest Sparrow has it--go!
(I have been elsewhere...sorry...and way over in Asia, so out of sync with everyone else's time zone!
It's the view right out the back window of the Albergue in PlR...
since we are still playing a place holder by @Rick of Rick and Peg, I'll bow out and leave it to that very curious photo of his...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
And I have no clue, Rick.
Wildly casting about for an unlikely guess...Virgen del Camino?
I have no memory of it there but it IS unlikely.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hint 4: It is big.
Hint 5: If you did the "entire" CF I'm sure you would have passed right by this.
Hint 6: I don't think @Smallest_Sparrow passed right by this. #sosad
So all you Frances fans this means it was either after Irache and before Leon, or after Ponferrada and before Melide
#bearsandwolvesrock

It's impossible to remember what one never saw...:)
And online digging may work for some people, but it's just not my thing.
So I'll just guess again.:D:D
Burgos, perhaps in the cloister?

Burgos, perhaps in the cloister?
Burgos Cathedral. But not in the cloister. It is at the paid tourist entrance. I was so astonished to see this in a cathedral filled with much higher art that I not only took it's picture but I transferred it to my tablet (and thus ended up having it saved.)

As I remember the location it was on the wall between areas 2 and 6 in the plan below, facing area 2. It took up most of the wall.
Burgos_Catedral_Planta.png

Your turn again @Viranani

:oops:Did I kill this thread with too hard a pic??
Hints for whomever's still playing:
  1. The church is said to be founded by a saint during their pilgrimage to Santiago.
  2. The ceiling, the frescos...
  3. @Smallest_Sparrow has been through this town...

Unless it is a side chapel of the church I would say - Convento de San Francisco in Santiago? But I remember the main church very different and haven't been to the side chapels there ... Confused, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Tadaaaaaaaaaa, Rick takes it.
Now try--the pics should show. I deleted and then reloaded them.
It's a very special church, I think my favorite of the whole Frances. There's a special feel in there--very Franciscan. The interior pic is from another chapel, not the main nave, which is much simpler.

Tadaaaaaaaaaa, Rick takes it.
Now try--the pics should show.
Yes, they show now. Still weird is that your last post didn't show in the recent activity list either. Besides the point anyway.

It was a lovely spot that I did visit but I just couldn't place it. @SYates really should get the credit for this.

I normally have a window up with 7 camino related tabs active. I'm going to blow them all away now because I really have to do some other things with my time and this game is just too addictive for my own good right now. I may reattach in the evenings and mornings. So ... please @SYates or someone else post the next picture.

BTW, @Viranani thanks for starting the "I need a laugh" thread.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, Rick, but you called the town. Graciously done.
I need to go to bed now, so @SYates...go for it....
(And you're very welcome, Rick. It was self-preservation. I did need a laugh. Still do. So I hope it goes for a while longer...people are posting some very funny stories...)

Ok, turn your time machine on ;-) Which old parish house/rectory is being renovated into an albergue in this photo? SY

Before.jpg

:oops:Did I kill this thread with too hard a pic??
Hints for whomever's still playing:
  1. The church is said to be founded by a saint during their pilgrimage to Santiago.
  2. The ceiling, the frescos...
  3. @Smallest_Sparrow has been through this town...
hey, how did I become a mile marker?o_O
actually, this is part of the Frances I skipped (I was beginning to think I must have been sleepwalking):eek:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No, not Foncebadon, far closer too the beginning of the CF. Hint: That photo was taken 15+ years ago, the albergue is now well established and known. Buen Camino, SY

@AJ...so? ;)
(Actually I don't think there are any rules here about that, right?)

This raises the question: should there be rules? Personally I don't care one way or the other. For me "cheating" in this game is using the web to find an answer when you don't have a clue, as was the case for me in this one. However, using the web to check whether your guess is correct, or to refine it is, for me, a different thing.

SY started the game, so I think it should be her call.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Actually I don't mind either way. Does it really matter how the solution is found? It is just a bit of a fun game and there are no prices, so 'cheating' doesn't really matter. Just keep the game going @AJ ! SY

Correct! Now one of your pictures please ;-) SY

PS The pictures shows some of the hardy volunteers that renovated the old rectory/parish house of Tosantos in winter 2001/2002 - it was cold!!!

€46,-
I would say on the very beginning of the CF, looking back to the Pyrenees? No idea about the location ... SY

Hmmmm...I don't think it's on the Frances...But maybe on the Norte looking towards the Picos?

Warmer

Harder than I expected.

Bed time, so no more from me for a while.

The location is quite specific which is why I ask what is behind me. And it isn't a cow.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.