• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Euros - how many to take for the Camino Frances?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I wonder how many Euros to start the journey with and how to obtain them on the journey. We are doing the Frances route and notice some accommodations take Euros only and no credit cards. Thank you.
As another pilgrim has already noted, do not take €500 notes!

There are lots of ATM's along the way so take enough Euros that you feel comfortable and safe carrying.

I take about €240 then I keep €125 as a backup in case I get stuck for some reason without being able to get to a machine.

I think when I did the Camino in 2015 I had to re-up that €240 twice along the route along with card spending where I could.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Go to the atm at the airport and get some euros when you arrive. We also went to the atm in SJPDP and were able to get smaller bills. No atm until Burgette if you take the Nepoleon Route so have enough to get through the first few nights and days.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
ATMs are frequent along the Camino Frances, but you should probably keep enough cash on hand for all expenses for several days.

Another word of advice is to try to use the ATM only when the attached bank is open during working hours. If you have a problem and your card is trapped on a long weekend, you might need to wait around town for a few days until the bank opens.

Try your card in an ATM for 200 or 300 euros on your first day. If there is a problem you will have time to get it fixed by your local bank before you start walking and as C clearly suggest never try a withdrawal outside of open banking hours, some machines are known not to return your card.

Albergues and small stores might only take cash. And don't like larger bills like € 50 and bigger. When you withdraw cash from an atm, choose small bills if the machine offers you this option.

If the machine doesn't, choose an amount which forces the machine to give you at least a couple of smaller bills. Choose € 140,- or € 190. Or similar amounts. If you would choose to withdraw € 150 or € 200 you'd end up with 3 or 4 € 50 bills.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If the machine doesn't, choose an amount which forces the machine to give you at least a couple of smaller bills. Choose € 140,- or € 190. Or similar amounts. If you would choose to withdraw € 150 or € 200 you'd end up with 3 or 4 € 50 bills.
€130, €180, €230, €280 the pattern relates to 4*€20+ some number of €50.

Last edited:
I wonder how many Euros to start the journey with and how to obtain them on the journey. We are doing the Frances route and notice some accommodations take Euros only and no credit cards. Thank you.
Take around 400 Euros to start - or just get the Euros at a local ATM. I was traveling solo last summer and I just took out 300 Euros in the bigger cities along the way. Never ran out of money before the next bigger town. And that is with rarely using a credit or debit card along the way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Albergues and small stores might only take cash. And don't like larger bills like € 50 and bigger. When you withdraw cash from an atm, choose small bills if the machine offers you this option.

I found it funny that when you select "small bills" they still give you mostly 50s! Those are still pretty big bills. I am used to getting 20s in the US. Good tip on withdrawing odd amounts to get more smaller bills.

Take around 400 Euros to start - or just get the Euros at a local ATM. I was traveling solo last summer and I just took out 300 Euros in the bigger cities along the way. Never ran out of money before the next bigger town. And that is with rarely using a credit or debit card along the way.
Likewise.

Since my husband and I often travel together the 50's are less of an issue, but we have withdrawn cash from the machine and then stepped into the bank to break larger bills. With two people plus meals the total will often exceed 50 euros depending on the segment of the Camino. We found the early portion before Pamplona more pricey than the meseta as an example.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You should budget for €50 a day ,
Breakfast €7 to €10
Albergue €15 to €18
Dinner €12 to €15
Snacks €5 to €7
I walked last September and these were the averages . It had jumped noticeably since 2019 but obviously they had to with all the setbacks they had .

I am from the States i use a card called Revolut. You can load it from your bank and then u can exchange to euros right on the app. You can use it like any other bank card. It also does crypto currency. I have never had atm fees overseas. It tells you the exchange rate on the app and if there is a fee associated with it. It has definitely helped me not feel like i have to carry as much cash. Especially since you must have small bills because most places in the small towns cannot break large bills.

Also, don’t forget to tell your bank that you are planning on traveling in Spain. It’s no fun when your bank puts a block on your card transactions and it’s raining in Los Arcos and you need money for breakfast.

Pretty good advice thoughout this thread but I'm posting a story about notifying your bank.

I used a feature on my small bank's app to notify them not to accept any requests for funds other than in France and Spain. I must have done this when still in the US. I go to withdraw funds in Spain and it wouldn't let me. Not a crisis as I can use another card drawing from Peg's big bank but that could mess her up back home. I get in touch with my bank and the next morning they email to say they aren't sure what is happening but try switching back. I use the app again to flag that overseas withdrawals are not allowed, go to a nearby ATM and it then allows me to withdraw my money.

I'm really concerned about non-engineering majors switching to software engineering because that's where the money is.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
2021/2022 count on 35-38€ per day.

You find ATMs atleast every 4-5 days. So male sure you have money enough for that.

Information re the obtaining of Euro's from ATM's

The majority (overwhelming) of Banks in Spain charge the user of the ATM
to conduct a transaction. This can range from a relatively small amount to
something that is not so small. I have yet to find a machine that didn't allow me to conduct the deal in English (other languages are also available.

The one exception I have found is the Spanish Bank Unicaja. They do not charge commission
to withdraw money. At the same time, their 'system' is still designed to catch out the unwary.

I cannot explain it from my comfy seat in the UK but I have just returned from 80 days over there
and I would not go to any other Bank.

There are some things us 'foreigners' need to know before you try to get the money.

Spain works in Euro's. If your card is in a currency other than Euro's, during the process
you will be asked if you wish the transaction to be in Euro's or whether you wish for the Bank
to convert the transaction for you from Euro's to the currency of your card. Obviously, I cannot discuss if your Home Banking system is Euro's. The next bit is important.

ALWAYS DO THE TRANSACTION IN EURO'S!!!!!

If you ask them to do the conversion from your own currency ;
1. You will not get the best rate and,
2. Your Bank will convert it as well meaning that you'll get hit by 1. (above).

After that, there will be a further page on the screen designed to get you to change your mind.
It will say words to the effect of 'Your Bank may charge you for this transaction' Well, if your Bank will charge you then they'll charge you. That is not a good enough reason for the Spanish bank to charge you as well.
Ignore that and insist on your previous choice and the money will come out of the hole in the wall and you're good to go

Information re the obtaining of Euro's from ATM's

something that is not so small. I have yet to find a machine that didn't allow me to conduct the deal in English (other languages are also available.

The one exception I have found is the Spanish Bank Unicaja. They do not charge commission
to withdraw money. At the same time, their 'system' is still designed to catch out the unwary.

I cannot explain it from my comfy seat in the UK but I have just returned from 80 days over there
and I would not go to any other Bank.

There are some things us 'foreigners' need to know before you try to get the money.

Spain works in Euro's. If your card is in a currency other than Euro's, during the process
you will be asked if you wish the transaction to be in Euro's or whether you wish for the Bank
to convert the transaction for you from Euro's to the currency of your card. Obviously, I cannot discuss if your Home Banking system is Euro's. The next bit is important.

If you ask them to do the conversion from your own currency ;
1. You will not get the best rate and,
2. Your Bank will convert it as well meaning that you'll get hit by 1. (above).

After that, there will be a further page on the screen designed to get you to change your mind.
It will say words to the effect of 'Your Bank may charge you for this transaction' Well, if your Bank will charge you then they'll charge you. That is not a good enough reason for the Spanish bank to charge you as well.
Ignore that and insist on your previous choice and the money will come out of the hole in the wall and you're good to go
If Banks take commission when withdrawing euros at the ATM all depends on what deal your own bank has.
If you look into it they often try hide the commission in the transaction.

Next time try deviding the prices you have payed with the actual amount of euro uou received. And then in 99% sure that you didn’t get as many as you expected.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Im from Canada and have walked 4 Caminos. Never had a problem getting Euros on my debit card from ATMs in Spain. Some stages of the VLDP have no ATMS in the little villages you go through, so I always tried to carry around 200 E. You are charged a flat rate fee, in addition to the exchange rate, for use of the ATM. ( regardless of the amount you withdraw), so better to take enough to last you four or five days, depending on your average rate of spending, rather than withdrawing small amounts. The other part of that is small businesses are charged heavy bank fees on purchases paid for by debit or credit card, so they prefer if you pay cash.
Some of the banks are better than others for fees charged, pay attention to what you are charged when you use an ATM. Some offer a USD conversion, that may be fine for those using USD for their primary funds source, but for Canadians it means one more conversion, and more cost. I always go straight from CDN to Euros...no USD.

Last edited:
If Banks take commission when withdrawing euros at the ATM all depends on what deal your own bank has.
If you look into it they often try hide the commission in the transaction.

Next time try deviding the prices you have payed with the actual amount of euro uou received. And then in 99% sure that you didn’t get as many as you expected.
Regardless of your excellent comment, people from non Euro countries should not ask the Spanish Bank to convert the currency.

Sign up for a Revolut card. You can pre load it and the you can exchange your currency for euros before you leave home. You’ll get a much better exchange rate. You can then use ATMs along the way and you know exactly how many euros you have to spend without the worry about exchange rates affecting your spending power. If you need more money on the way ,it’s easy to top it up from your bank account. There’s also Monza which does the same sort of thing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Breakfast €7 to €10
Albergue €15 to €18
Dinner €12 to €15
Snacks €5 to €7
I walked last September and these were the averages . It had jumped noticeably since 2019 but obviously they had to with all the setbacks they had .
My budgets are way lower overall then what you spend but of course everyone makes their own choices of where and how much to eat/sleep and spend overall.
I can't put a money figure on my spending exactly but I usually (couldn't do it on the VDLP in 2021 because so many kitchens were closed) shop in the evening. This will include stuff to make dinner, fruit and snacks, bread and stuff for lunch the next day. Of course there are days I eat out but not too many. Usually I will spend (depending on who I am eating with) between about 10-12 Euros a day. I will also get a coffee and either pan tostada or a tortilla for breakfast. Need that energy. That is usually 3-4 euros or so. I will eat lunch in a town square or bench or just on the side of the road and will stop for a coffee or a coke a few times when I am walking so that may be an additional 4-5 euros. I try to stay in munis or donativos and that will run about 10 Euros a day. Obviously there are nights I have to stay in a private albergue also. So for me it is about 30 Euros a day. There have been days I have spent as little as 20-22 and on the VDLP there were lots of days I spent closer to 40. I have met people who have spent even less and some who have spent over 100E a day. Like my good friend Peter from Denmark. I would be sitting in my albergue eating spaghetti and he would be sending me his photos of his sumptuous dinner! Sometimes I hated that guy!!! ;)

Being that I am in the UK and starting off in SJPDP in three weeks time I am taking my euro Mastercard which I got from my travel agent sometime ago as I found that exchange rate and charges on my debit card was different in Europe ..I realised it was cheaper to use the prepay Mastercard where I would top up when needed then go to the ATM if needed though there is a 2€ transaction fee I still found it alot cheaper than using my own card and it can be used in cafes etc without a charge ..yes alot of accommodation will only take cash and it be wise to work out a daily budget and stick to it as the Camino Frances won't be cheap being it is at least a 35 day hike ...enjoy and expect the unexpected

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My budgets are way lower overall then what you spend but of course everyone makes their own choices of where and how much to eat/sleep and spend overall.
I can't put a money figure on my spending exactly but I usually (couldn't do it on the VDLP in 2021 because so many kitchens were closed) shop in the evening. This will include stuff to make dinner, fruit and snacks, bread and stuff for lunch the next day. Of course there are days I eat out but not too many. Usually I will spend (depending on who I am eating with) between about 10-12 Euros a day. I will also get a coffee and either pan tostada or a tortilla for breakfast. Need that energy. That is usually 3-4 euros or so. I will eat lunch in a town square or bench or just on the side of the road and will stop for a coffee or a coke a few times when I am walking so that may be an additional 4-5 euros. I try to stay in munis or donativos and that will run about 10 Euros a day. Obviously there are nights I have to stay in a private albergue also. So for me it is about 30 Euros a day. There have been days I have spent as little as 20-22 and on the VDLP there were lots of days I spent closer to 40. I have met people who have spent even less and some who have spent over 100E a day. Like my good friend Peter from Denmark. I would be sitting in my albergue eating spaghetti and he would be sending me his photos of his sumptuous dinner! Sometimes I hated that guy!!! ;)
No municipal open when I walked or very few or kitchen’s open for cooking . Everyone is different but I wasn’t being extravagant and it was noticeable more expensive . But of course sometimes easily to do €35 a day

Regardless of your excellent comment, people from non Euro countries should not ask the Spanish Bank to convert the currency.

I agree. Never choose the non Euro option at ATMs or when you use a credit card. If you do you will fall victim to Dynamic Currency Conversion.
Here's an article about what it is and how to avoid it.

I agree: Your estimates for the CF are much in line with mine. I also often prefer to make my own food in the albergues, alone or with "Camino friends", pushing dinner costs to 4-6 Euros/person, or participating in communal dinners. I rarely go for Menu del dia. But of course, Covid may have made some changes for us...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No municipal open when I walked or very few or kitchen’s open for cooking . Everyone is different but I wasn’t being extravagant and it was noticeable more expensive . But of course sometimes easily to do €35 a day
This was my experience this past summer. Very few municipals and very few kitchens available. I still kept costs down - but I found pre-COVID experience given as advise often didn't apply in 2021. Hoping more kitchens are open this summer - but not counting on it! I do know the albergues I am planning to stay at are also not offering their traditional communal dinners :( Orisson is, but the other's are not.

Actually I love to cook at the albergue with other people and usually prefer it to dining out. We also buy a piece of fruit, bread and something to make a bocadillo most days. I do think 7 to 10 euros as a budget is a lot for a Spanish breakfast especially if it is something pre-packaged and left on the counter for pilgrims. I would not pay extra for that so ask about what breakfast will consist of before you add that on and whether the coffee will be hot and freshly made.

Maybe a couple of Eu100's to start with. After that I use my debit card which is accepted for most payments.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Breakfast €7 to €10
Albergue €15 to €18
Dinner €12 to €15
Snacks €5 to €7
I agree with you and some days spend a bit more because I will stop for a full on breakfast of heurvos fritos and bacon around 11 after an early morning stop for cafe con leche and a slice ot tortilla. I also splurge often in the late afternoon after I have found a bed and search out a top restaurant to have the menu del dia. I have a list in my head of some of the best places along the CF and there are many 4 star places for sure.

Be sure to take an ATM card from a bank that is big enough to associate with Spanish banks/ATM. US credit unions often are associated with the bigger Spanish banks. My friend was constantly having to wait til we got to big towns to get cash. I used a Charles Schwab card, which offers no fees and a free checking account with low balance requirements. It was accepted everywhere.

I came from the US - I ordered $500 in euros in small bills from my bank (Bank of America) before leaving. Then used my debit card in ATM's along the way - in 6 weeks I used the ATM 3 times withdrawing $300 worth of euros each time. I was paranoid with using ATMS - don't know if it made an actual difference but it made me feel better but I only used ATMs that were connected to a major bank during open banking hours - I was so worried about my card getting stuck in the machine.

Lots of good advice so far.

My contribution is firstly, never carry more than you can afford to lose in any way.

Secondly, if I ever found myself in the position of having to use a 50 euro note, I used one of two approaches:-

(a) In the albergue queue explain the situation to fellow pilgrims and offer to pay for two or three of them together in exchange for their smaller notes, or,
(b)likewise, at dinner,/lunch/bar/cafe offer to pay the smaller bills of fellow pilgrims.

(Buen ( small notes) Camino

2021/2022 count on 35-38€ per day.

You find ATMs atleast every 4-5 days. So male sure you have money enough for that.

Prices have gotten more expensive. If you stay in albergues expect to stay somewhere in the range of 15-20 euros per night. if you occasionally want a private room expect to pay €40-50 a night in high season for a single room at an albergue on the CF. As far as the rest goes, alot depends on your tolerance or ability to consistently endure pilgrim meals which will cost you anywhere from 11-15 euros. Menu del Dias are often a better option, and they usually start around €14 to €20. I would budget 50-60 euros per day, unless your camping or are staying in donativos the entire time. Many private albergues and restaurants and supermarkets take visa or mastercard. For two of us I keep a two-hundred cash Euro reserve. In Sept 2021, I only used cash while on the trail for coffee & stop, or small bakeries. Everything else I paid for by credit card with no conversion fee.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
OK so the 2 of many suggestions i see here is to open a Charles Schwab account or Sign up for a Revolut card
I tried to look up accounts for CS...and it was a bit confusing inasmuch as they looked to me as an 'investing' type of accounts? not just - hi can i open a 'regular' checking account
so am i wrong about CS and i take it the Revolut card info is available in the Internet world?

As indicated in numerous threads, credit cards are not widely accepted, especially in the smaller towns, cash talks. I would stick to using bank ATM as more fraud/security controls in place, as a result more availability in the larger towns. Use ATMs during banking hours as in the unlikely event that the ATM eats your cards you can go in and try and get them to give it bank to you. For insurance I took two debit cards so if one was disabled I had another one from a different bank.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OK so the 2 of many suggestions i see here is to open a Charles Schwab account or Sign up for a Revolut card
I tried to look up accounts for CS...and it was a bit confusing inasmuch as they looked to me as an 'investing' type of accounts? not just - hi can i open a 'regular' checking account
so am i wrong about CS and i take it the Revolut card info is available in the Internet world?
Here's "infomercial" page about the Schwab account.

Here's the revolut info.

We just use our regular USBank debit card. Because we are military veterans, they reimburse the fees and the rest of the costs have never been so great that I felt the need to open a different account.

The Charles Schwab checking account that you want is called "investor checking," but it's just a name - you don't have to have an investment account with them. There are no fees, no minimum balance, and they refund all ATM fees worldwide.

I found the Revolut website, but what they don't offer that the Schwab account does the the refund of ATM fees.

This article on The Points Guy website talks about the benefits of the Schwab debit card.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I came from the US - I ordered $500 in euros in small bills from my bank (Bank of America) before leaving. Then used my debit card in ATM's along the way - in 6 weeks I used the ATM 3 times withdrawing $300 worth of euros each time. I was paranoid with using ATMS - don't know if it made an actual difference but it made me feel better but I only used ATMs that were connected to a major bank during open banking hours - I was so worried about my card getting stuck in the machine.
Unless it is a money emergency, I will ONLY use ATM's connected to a major bank. But I didn't care so much about the opening hours.

I'm going to make it a point this year of coming up with a better guide to financing a Camino. In 2015 I had a vague idea but it was part of over 3500 kms of walking so I don't have exact figures. All I remember was that it was the least expensive and longest of all my walks.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes, I was thinking your figure must have reflected private albergues, rather than municipals. And perhaps prices will settle down after we get past this pandemic.

I agree with you and some days spend a bit more because I will stop for a full on breakfast of heurvos fritos and bacon around 11 after an early morning stop for cafe con leche and a slice ot tortilla. I also splurge often in the late afternoon after I have found a bed and search out a top restaurant to have the menu del dia. I have a list in my head of some of the best places along the CF and there are many 4 star places for sure.
Rather than derail the whole convo if you could DM me with the restaurants you recommend I would greatly appreciate it! Or if there is a thread or blog post that would be great too!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, I was thinking your figure must have reflected private albergues, rather than municipals. And perhaps prices will settle down after we get past this pandemic.
I think prices will never again go down as inflation has risen by 13% since 2020 and Europe has a whole new set of problems at the moment and to be fair the cost of Pilgrim meals and accommodation prior to 2020 was very very cheap
it was incredible that you could stay in a clean Albergue with hot showers , laundry facilities and maybe a relaxing garden and pay €6 or €7 . Buen Camino

I stayed in municipals whenever possible but used cash for everything (train to SJPDP, bus from Finnesterre, all meals ect and returned home with about 300 euro.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

almost any currency you like, cheap trx, get the card offered - use it fee free anywhere that takes mastercard

does weird currencies that a lot of travel cards don't

use atm's in the country you are in and withdraw local currency - change currencies between your different currency accounts instantly

leave one nation buy a coffee - tap - it comes out of that currency - eg. Paris - it will pay in Euro - next stop - Croatia - as long as you have a Kuna account (takes about 30 seconds to set up) - have a coffee in croatia - it will pay in Kuna

I've been using it for years in Asian countries, Oz, Europe -- bulletproof

I use it to live on every day and use it for major purchases - brought a boat with it, pay for travel with it when I'm away from home

something that is not so small.

This Spanish ATM Fee Cheat Sheet was one of the very first resources I downloaded to my phone when I started planning my Camino many moons ago. It was last updated in October 2021 so I assume the information is still relatively current. A boon for those of us (i.e. everyone except bank CEOs) peeved by ATM fees, no matter how small.

As several have mentioned, the Charles Schwab Investor Checking account (which I will be using on my Camino next month based on forum advice) will reimburse your ATM fees. But I plan on using the cheat sheet anyway to avoid paying those fees in the first place on principle. :)

Last edited:
As another pilgrim has already noted, do not take €500 notes!

There are lots of ATM's along the way so take enough Euros that you feel comfortable and safe carrying.
Yeah, that was me as well,dumb, dumb, dumb! Thinking I was smart. Had to come back to Canada to return it to the same bank….no one would touch it.

Just went to AAA and ordered Euros. For AAA members, there is no fee to purchase foreign currencies. The best bank rate just dropped below 1€/$1.10US today.I got a rate of 1€/$1.16US. Not sure if I could have done better, but I do like arriving in Europe with Euros in my pocket. We’re starting off with €300 each and will then hit the ATMs as needed. In the past, no problem getting money as long as we used one of the larger banks. I found that small regional banks didn’t recognize my debit card.

Just went to AAA and ordered Euros. For AAA members, there is no fee to purchase foreign currencies. The best bank rate just dropped below 1€/$1.10US today.I got a rate of 1€/$1.16US. Not sure if I could have done better, but I do like arriving in Europe with Euros in my pocket. We’re starting off with €300 each and will then hit the ATMs as needed. In the past, no problem getting money as long as we used one of the larger banks. I found that small regional banks didn’t recognize my debit card.
The trick to knowing which atms will work for you and which won’t is to see if it’s got the little pictures next to it - like the one below - generally - no pictures - no go

If you want life really easy - get a wise account and accept their debit card as well

Attachments

• 90F108B4-1858-414B-B1C3-336C8A44C4F1.jpeg
    90F108B4-1858-414B-B1C3-336C8A44C4F1.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 20
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Go to the atm at the airport and get some euros when you arrive. We also went to the atm in SJPDP and were able to get smaller bills. No atm until Burgette if you take the Nepoleon Route so have enough to get through the first few nights and days.
...and no ATM between Astorga and Molinaseca/Ponferrada, and between Villafranca del Bierzo and Triacastela either....

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back